The purpose of these policies is to ensure the run’s integrity as well as for the safety of all those involved. Violations of any rules or directives may be grounds for disqualification.
1. Entry fees are non-refundable; race numbers and entries cannot be transferred to another year. No exceptions. This means once we have received your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, or if the event is cancelled because of weather, natural disaster or other unforeseen circumstances.
We will allow bib transfer until September 8, 2021 IF you can find yourself a replacement before the deadline. Bib transfers can be completed by simply logging on to your UltraSignup Account - Registration History - Edit. NO NEED TO CONTACT US!
2. There will be no unofficial runners. *Pacers are not allowed*
3. No aid is permitted once you are outside the view of the aid station volunteers. Aid received outside this area may result in a disqualification.
4. Each runner’s official run number must be worn prominently on the front of the body and must be easily visible at all times.
5. Runners must check IN and OUT of each aid station. This is for the safety of the runners and volunteers.
6. Runners must follow the marked trails at all times. Any runner departing from the official trail must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing.
7. Any runner wishing to drop from the race must inform the nearest aid station captain.
8. Cut-off times for both the 53K and 1/2 Marathon races is 10 hours. Please refer to the aid station cut-off times prior to registering for either event.
9. All cut-off times will be strictly enforced. Runners must be checked OUT of the aid station BEFORE the cut-off time.
10. Littering of any kind is prohibited. Please respect the trails and the right of everyone to enjoy them.
11. Runners must refrain from any act of bad sportsmanship.
12. There will be no crewing/pacing of runner permitted during either race.
13. PLEASE NOTE: Once online registration closes and bibs have been assigned we will not be making any changes to a participants registrations such as drop downs, registration cancellations and or withdrawals. Please adhere to registration deadlines.
14. Race is CUP-FREE, which means there won't be any paper cups at the Aid Station and there won't be any paper or plastic cups at the Finish line. We will not be making any exceptions to this rule, so if you don't already have your own drinking receptacle, you will want to pre-purchase a collapsible cup and bring it on race weekend. We will have collapsible cups for purchase when you check in for the race and/or at packet pickup for $5 (quantities limited).
15. Dogs are NOT allowed on the course. It’s not because we don’t love our four-legged fur babies, our decision is simply based on the nature of the course and the fact that there will be other users on the trails. BUT feel free to bring your pups to the start/finish as long as they are on a leash and monitored at all times AND they get along with other pups.
16. PREGNANCY DEFERRAL – Women who get pregnant between registration and race day may defer 100% entry fee to the following year only. Please, you must notify the race director contact the RD well in advance to cancel and defer your registration.
17. Military and First Responder Discount: - Contact us for a discount code if you are active military, a veteran or a first responder.
SWITCHING RACES/RACE DAY DISTANCE CHANGES
You may switch between the two events (53K and 1/2 Marathon) plus the difference in entry fee at the time of the switch. If you are already signed up for one race and want to switch to the other, you may do so on UltraSignup before September 12, 2021 provided the race you are switching to has not reached its capacity. Distance switch can be completed by simply logging on to your UltraSignup Account - Registration History - Edit. NO NEED TO CONTACT US!
If you have further questions on this please don't hesitate to shoot us an email. If you have already paid more than the current price of the event you are switching to, you will not receive a refund. However, you will owe no additional costs. If you have paid less than the current entry fee of the event you are switching to, you will owe the difference in what you have paid.
**Race day drop downs are not allowed**
You must inform race management prior to the above listed deadline of your intent to switch distances be it dropping to the 1/2 Marathon or moving up to the 53K distance. If you fail to finish the distance you are signed up to run then you are not eligible for an official time, medals/awards and age ranks and your race results will reflect a DNF (Did Not Finish)
RACE BANDIT POLICY
A race bandit is any runner taking part in a race without the permission of the race directors, which can include but is not limited to joining the race field without officially being registered for the race or running with another runner's bib on.
Terrain Trail Runners has adopted the following policy in regards to runners banditting any and all of out events:
Race bandits will be banned from all TTR events for a period of one year. If caught wearing a bib that is not your own, both parties will be banned from all TTR events for a period of one year.
We will not tolerate any inappropriate behavior towards any of our volunteers or staff. If you have a complaint please direct these to Shalini Kovach at email@example.com. Failure to follow this guideline will result in disqualification from the event and possibly being banned from future events. Seriously. We’re all out here for some fun, so let’s have some!
***It is the athlete’s responsibility to know the course. While we mark the course to the best of our ability with signs, flour, volunteers, etc., in the end it becomes the athlete’s responsibility to know the course, based on the maps provided. We are not responsible for course sabotage or non-race personnel misdirecting athletes. And if you follow a pack of runners and know it’s the wrong way, don’t follow them. If there are any official course changes, a revised map will be posted on the website prior to the event AND announced at the race prior to the start***