The purpose of these policies is to ensure the run’s integrity as well as for the safety of all those involved. Violations of any rules or directives may be grounds for disqualification.
1. Entry fees are non-refundable; race numbers and entries cannot be transferred to another year. No exceptions. This means once we have received your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, or if the event is cancelled because of weather, natural disaster or other unforeseen circumstances.
We will allow bib transfer until September 22, 2018 IF you can find yourself a replacement and contact us before the deadline.
2. There will be no unofficial runners.
3. Each runner’s official run number must be worn prominently on the front of the body and must be easily visible at all times.
4. Runners must check IN and OUT of each aid station. This is for the safety of the runners and volunteers.
5. Runners must follow the marked trails at all times. Any runner departing from the official trail must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing.
6. Any runner wishing to drop from the race must inform the nearest aid station captain.
7. Cut-off times for both the 53K and 1/2 Marathon races is 10 hours.
8. All cut-off times will be strictly enforced. Runners must be checked OUT of the aid station BEFORE the cut-off time.
9. Littering of any kind is prohibited. Please respect the trails and the right of everyone to enjoy them.
10. Runners must refrain from any act of bad sportsmanship.
11. There will be no crewing/pacing of runner permitted during either race.
SWITCHING RACES/RACE DAY DISTANCE CHANGES
You may switch between the two events (53K and 1/2 Marathon) plus the difference in entry fee at the time of the switch. If you are already signed up for one race and want to switch to the other, you may do so by contacting email@example.com provided the race you are switching to has not reached its capacity. Please contact us before September 22, 2018 if you plan to switch races.
If you have already paid more than the current price of the event you are switching to, you will not receive a refund. However, you will owe no additional costs. If you have paid less than the current entry fee of the event you are switching to, you will owe the difference in what you have paid.
**Race day drop downs are not allowed**
You must inform race management prior to the above listed deadline of your intent to switch distances be it dropping to the 1/2 Marathon or moving up to the 53K distance. If you fail to finish the distance you are signed up to run then you are not eligible for an official time, medals/awards and age ranks and your race results will reflect a DNF (Did Not Finish)
RACE BANDIT POLICY
A race bandit is any runner taking part in a race without the permission of the race directors, which can include but is not limited to joining the race field without officially being registered for the race or running with another runner's bib on.
Terrain Trail Runners has adopted the following policy in regards to runners banditting any and all of out events:
Race bandits will be banned from all TTR events for a period of one year. If caught wearing a bib that is not your own, both parties will be banned from all TTR events for a period of one year.
We will not tolerate any inappropriate behavior towards any of our volunteers or staff. If you have a complaint please direct these to Shalini Kovach at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to follow this guideline will result in disqualification from the event and possibly being banned from future events. Seriously. We’re all out here for some fun, so let’s have some!